higher gpu temps after repaste but cpu temps lower

aco45

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015
Hi,
I just repasted cpu and gpu on my acer e5 572g, i have amazing temperature drop on cpu (about 10-15 degrees C) but when I play games, the gpu temps are 7 degrees higher. Both run now about 70degrees under load.
I'm sure, that I applied thermal paste properly. I'm just thinking that, both cpu and gpu are connected to the same heatsinks, so more heat is transfered from cpu and it's warming up the gpu. could be it? Should I repaste it again ? Here are some pictures of heatsink from laptopultra :
http://

Thanks for help.

metalicgeek

Estimable
It's possible that you didn't reseat the GPU properly after disassembly. Try doing everything again. In addition, though, there is a chance that due to a higher available CPU load (lower temperatures means less throttling), your GPU temperatures are rising also as there is now more GPU load without a CPU bottleneck.

aco45

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015
I repasted it again, and I made sure that it's properly seated, but temperatures remain same. And gpu was before the first repaste running at 99 % and cpu only on 50% so I think there is no CPU bottleneck . Also when I turn on kombustor without any cpu load, the gpu is running on lower temperatures than before repaste . So it must be the heatsink which is warming gpu.