Question Hisense TV switching to HDMI 1 but nothing connected to that input

mickrick

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
This is basically just for my own peace of mind, as I've about given up on this tv for using as anything but a screen.

So I've had a Hisense 58K700 tv for about 7 years now. It has a very decent picture (and it also has 3D!) so I really don't need to change it. But other than that, its really is a piece of crap. The tv has 4 HDMI inputs. I have all my HDMI sources connected to my Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver, with HDMI Out 1 connected to HDMI 2 on the tv for ARC (ARC doesn't work BTW. It used to, and then it just stopped. I think a tv firmware update might have played a part in it, but I'm really not that concerned). HDMI Out 2 goes to HDMI 4, one of the HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 inputs on the tv for 4K HDR purposes. So that leaves HDMI 1 and 3 disconnected. So why, when I select the Nvidia Shield input on my receiver, does the tv switch to HDMI 1? And when I select HDMI 2 manually, why does it switch my receiver to the TV input?

As I said, the picture on the tv is really pretty good and as I don't use it for anything other than a screen, I've no reason to change it. But, just once, I would love to turn it on, turn my receiver on, select a source, and have everything just work.

Does anyone else have issues like this with their Hisense tv?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M TVs 2
Schepc TVs 13
P TVs 2
Rigney TVs 0
Bstetson TVs 0
ellisd5 TVs 0
C TVs 0
A TVs 0
Lynnn TVs 0
Semahenry TVs 1
mkwidi TVs 1