Hit laptop, now it won't start.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shivababbli

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
the ticking sound comes because the head is stuck to the platters, it needs a pro to resolve that , or else you can also try by watching some videos in youtube about how to remove the stuck head

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
So should I try changing the PCB from the NEW HDD I will get tomorrow to my HDD and try the data out. If that doesn't work, we have to open my HDD and unstuck the heads? I just called the professional guy and he said we will try on thursday. Thanks!

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
I just went to the professional guy and he saw that the PCB on my HDD is fine because he changed it with the new one I bought. He didn't pull out any data, unfortunately. He doesn't want to open the HDD because he needs a dust free room he says.. We don't have that here. I have to pay a lot of money so I can get the data out. Any other solutions before I waste 2k+ $? Thanks! (I'm not gonna spend them right now cause I don't have them..)

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015

As I said I went to the professional guy and he did everything he could he didn't pull out any data. He says the heads might be stuck if not then he doesn't know. He cannot open the hard drive because he needs a dust free room and tools. He doesn't have them. I have to send them somewhere for data recovery which is gonna cost me a lot. Is there any other method I can try? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.