Hit or Miss: Will Nokia's Lumia 800 be a hit for Windows Phone 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seems to me like there are more things to like about it than to dislike! This is a masterpiece by Nokia and Microsoft!

alterecho

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Amazing phone! People get misguided by the dual core smartphones out there. WP7 does not seem to need dual core to run so elegantly and performing almost on par with dual core phones. Good job Nokia and Microsoft.

BillboGates

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I'm super impressed. Thats one sexy phone. If they can keep a form like that add the things the guide mentioned plus move those ports to the bottom, add expandable storage and give it video output (i know all this is a big ask) you've got a genuine iphone slayer.
That radio station idea is also a clutch point for me, no setup is amazing, im getting a high end nokia as soon as they come to Australia.

tomahok

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I'm not only impressed! It blows my mind beyond explanation about my affection. Yesterday, I did the uncanny - traded my wife for the Nokia Lumia 800! It's more of a companion for me.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I'd so much like to get one of these, but after using an HD7 for a long time I'm just not sure how I could go from a 4.3" to 3.7" screen (despite how much nicer AmoLED is. BTW the comparison photos make the HD7 screen look a lot worse than it really is).
WP7/7.5 really is the nicest mobile OS out there, everything is just so damn easy to 'get' and no boring 4x4 grid of icons that is just old and tired nowdays.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
No way to put in SD storage or replace the battery. Those are main reasons why I left the iPhone camp for the Android Galaxy 2S. Plus a 4.65" amoled screen.

I really want to see Microsoft succeed, but this storage thing really needs to be fixed.

G

Funny how you people think amoled is new and better then galaxy s? Why don't yousee the new galaxy nexus! Which will kill of m$. First 720p hd super amoled screen. ICS! IM GETTING IT been using the sanding focus and hate this thing.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
The thing that will make this Nokia good is that Microsoft have made WP7 very very well.
It's quick and responsive. Combine that with amazing Nokia hardware?

It will be hard to beat. Especially with their future phones

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Of all the positive people posting here, maybe one will buy a win7 phone. The rest will stick to their android phones.

The unfortunate fact is, even though windows phone 7 is a great os; people are just too used to what they have and don't want to change.

Personally I wouldn't buy a win7 phone for the same reasons I wouldn't buy an iPhone - no flash support, closed ecosystem, and evil corporation.

mob5

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Great phone, been using it for a few days now and had no problems moving from an iphone to this new OS. Really easy to use get to know. Few bugs in the OS, which will hopefully be fixed soon. Video playback is great, camera could have been better but the weight and feel of the phone definitely beats any other phone.

peeper

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I'm a WP7 user for the last 11 months and love the simplicity. You just can not get lost and its so much better with the new mango update. My one is the first gen HTC HD7, my only complaint at the moment is battery life. My next phone will be WP7, I'm a fan of HTC. I dont know I mignt go for Nokia(WP7) next time.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Can that thing make phone callls too? Nokia was famous for its good phones. Is that a phone too? My current Nokia phone could go without a recharge for a week (and about 10 days when it was new). Can this go without a charge for a day?

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Of all the positive people posting here, maybe one will buy a win7 phone. The rest will stick to their android phones.The unfortunate fact is, even though windows phone 7 is a great os; people are just too used to what they have and don't want to change.Personally I wouldn't buy a win7 phone for the same reasons I wouldn't buy an iPhone - no flash support, closed ecosystem, and evil corporation.[/citation]

That's not really quite so. Before the first iPhone there was no other iPhone but now it is the most popular smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.