Holiday Buyer's Guide 2011: Gaming Gear Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The Corsair K90 does not include cherry mx reds under every key.

All of the programmable macro keys on the K90 and the top row (the Esc and F-keys), plus the nine keys in the center block (PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause/Break, Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down) use silicon dome key-switches.

There is a rather lengthy discussion on the corsair forums regarding this very subject.

If your looking for a fully mechanical gaming keyboard, you should look into the thermaltake esports meka g unit, which uses mx blacks plus has macro buttons on the side.

andysocial

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Have you considered hiring someone who has a journalism or English degree to proofread your articles? The recurring word-choice errors are jarring. First example that pops to mind: the possessive form of a pronoun has no apostrophe, so "it's" is incorrect. Using it three times in one sentence is painful to read.

Actually, a little proofreading by anyone might be helpful. "The M90 leaves s space" and " side0mounted" virtually leapt off the screen and smacked me.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]andysocial[/nom]"The M90 leaves s space" and " side0mounted" virtually leapt off the screen and smacked me.[/citation]

If accidental spelling and grammar errors smack you in the face, you might have bigger problems that its vs it's. Just sayin'.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

andysocial

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
It leaves the impression of rushed and unprofessional standards, which is at odds with the obviously thorough research and testing processes evident throughout the various Tom's sites. And flippancy doesn't help.

G

Professionality has nothing to do with grammer or punctuation, unless its your job as a linguist, or copy editor etc.

the primary purpose of any language written or spoken is to carry a message wherby the recieving party understands and comprehends the message.

I work for a very large government organisation, and i can tell the real world dont give a fig about language if the message gets the job done 99% of the time.

People that complain about language, usually have other issues or were picked on in someway as a child/adult by others all my boses have been grammer nazi's but not one gives a fig when its time for me to fix somthing for them, then they ignor there personal qibbles and get to the real deal, geting the job done.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Andi: Leave the man be...
You should keep in mind that those articles are read by many people for whom English is not the native language and WE don`t give a shit on things like that.
Then, i have an IQ of only 157.... so who am i to judge?
If you can write a better article on Tom`s Hardware site do it....or offer your services for spell and grammar checking instead of criticism!

onanonanon

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]Professionality has nothing to do with grammer or punctuation, unless its your job as a linguist, or copy editor etc.[/citation]
Or a journalist. Oh, wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jsimenhoff Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 9