Home audio and Youtube

Kinnyr900

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi, I'm looking for software that can take stereo sound from YouTube or any site you visit and turn it into pseudo surround sound of some type like 4.1 sound. that will allow me to hear the videos that I play from you tube on all 4 of my speakers.

I have a desktop computer custom built and I have Klipsch 4.1 desktop computer speakers with a base Box of course and I have a realtek on board sound controller.

Thank you

Solution
best and easiest is likely to use a soundcard with built in dolby pro logic (or similar) to upconvert from stereo. the xonar dx has it as well as various other models by default. now, i do recall their being an upgrade available for realtek audio which added some functions to most onboard audio drivers, one of which i believe was pro logic but i cannot seem to find the original source for the upgrade. there are of course 3rd party fixes to unlock this capability however i can not say if they are A) legit, B) safe and C) guaranteed to work so i will refrain from discussing them.

the type of surround sound you are looking for would be called quadraphonic which consists of a front left, front right, rear left and rear right, subwoofer...
best and easiest is likely to use a soundcard with built in dolby pro logic (or similar) to upconvert from stereo. the xonar dx has it as well as various other models by default. now, i do recall their being an upgrade available for realtek audio which added some functions to most onboard audio drivers, one of which i believe was pro logic but i cannot seem to find the original source for the upgrade. there are of course 3rd party fixes to unlock this capability however i can not say if they are A) legit, B) safe and C) guaranteed to work so i will refrain from discussing them.

the type of surround sound you are looking for would be called quadraphonic which consists of a front left, front right, rear left and rear right, subwoofer optional. it is also possible (with some soundcard drivers) to mirror the front to the back channels to get a doubled up stereo sound. this is often known as speaker fill, external stereo or similar title.

Solution

Kinnyr900

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015

Okay thanks a lot!