Home theater in progress

Clayman22

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Hello,
I am starting a home theater however, I have limited funds. I was planning on getting the Denon 5.1 in a box with the boston acoustic speakers or getting a Denon avr-591 av receiver and a pair of Pioneer SP-BS21 bookshelf speakers and building from there. I think I am leaning towards building up from the denon and pioneers, however I am not sure if I am going the right direction with this. The system will be music and movies primarily but occasional gaming. Music and movie quality is the most important. I am hoping for a step up from my computer set up which is just a Sharp XL-HP515 stereo system from maybe 6 years ago but they sound better than many speakers I have heard at the stores so far. I went to the store today and listened to what was set up and felt most systems were lacking however I feel this is from lack of care when setting them up as it was not a custom theater/audio store.

Thanks for your time and hope some advice can be given.

Clayman22

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010

I have also looked into wharfedale diamond 10.1 bookshelf speakers as starters. The only problem I see with them is that I have no where to listen before buying.
This will be my first av receiver and any suggestions for or against the one I have picked so far would be gladly appreciated.