Solved! Home Theater

Filippo

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I replaced the lamp bulb of my Samsung HDTV today and now it makes a loud vibrating sound but still doesn't work. The manuel says to reset the lamp timer using the TV remote. I don't have the remote anymore. Is there another way to do this? The screen does nothing.Please I need advise. Thank you

Solution
if the buttons you need to push on the original remote can be duplicated by a universal remote, then using a universal remote will work.

sometimes the key sequence using normal buttons, like channel number or volume -/+

sometimes the key sequence requires a special button.
if you have already tried the key sequence with a universal remote.. you will probably have to find an original remote on ebay (or some other internet shopping service)

maybe a local pawn shop will have the remote.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
if the buttons you need to push on the original remote can be duplicated by a universal remote, then using a universal remote will work.

sometimes the key sequence using normal buttons, like channel number or volume -/+

sometimes the key sequence requires a special button.
if you have already tried the key sequence with a universal remote.. you will probably have to find an original remote on ebay (or some other internet shopping service)

maybe a local pawn shop will have the remote.

Solution