Home Theatre Help

hpw23

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I have a 47inch LED LG tv and the only audio out port is the Digital optical, which is plugged up to a sound bar I have hooked up. I have a Bose Acustimass 3 Series Speaker system that I am looking to use as well for surround sound for my tv. If my digital optical port is already being used and there is no other Audio out ports to plug up the amp/or receiver, then how can I use the bose with the system? Your help will be much appreciated.

as far as i can see that set is just 2 speakers and a passive subwoofer.

it would need a stereo amplifier or a receiver to power them. correct me if i'm wrong and the set you have actually includes some sort of control box (it would be an amp with a power cord and some sort of connection like rca/optical to hook to your devices)

if you dont have one and the system just takes bare speaker wire then read on.....

the problem is that amplifiers are typically analog inputs only (3.5mm, rca) and your tv is outputting digital (optical).

if you went with a stereo amp... you would probably end up using an optical splitter, an optical to rca adapter with integrated DAC (digital analog converter) and a stereo amp for those speakers.