Home Theatre PC, choosing the hardware.

Vesthardt

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Hey guys!

I will be making a HTPC build and I want your help picking out the parts. I have an old HP Pavillion P6669 sc which I have stripped for parts. The parts on it that I would want to reuse is: Motherboard: Mini-ATX mobo from MSI (MS-7613 model)
Ram: 3x 2GB ram sticks, unknown manufacturer. Says 10600 MB/s speed in info.
Processor: Intel i5 650.
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT320
Power Supply: (Not sure if I should replace this) HP manufactured Delta DPS.300AB-49-A 300W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black (Old model, WD1001FAES-60Z2A0)

I do not want to reuse the case, I want something smaller and more silent. So please tell me what to replace, I have unlimited budget, but I really don't want to replace anything that I don't have to.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Since your graphics card is low-profile ready, I'd probably recommend going with a low-profile HTPC case. While you may be able to use a stock heatsink/fan assembly, I'd probably recommend going with a third-party one just to make sure it fits within the case. With the components you already have, the following list should fill out your HTPC nicely:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone ML03B HTPC Case ($61.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: FSP Group 450W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.13 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer...

Vesthardt

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014

It is low profile, yes. Also, should i get an after market cooler instead of stock?

Since your graphics card is low-profile ready, I'd probably recommend going with a low-profile HTPC case. While you may be able to use a stock heatsink/fan assembly, I'd probably recommend going with a third-party one just to make sure it fits within the case. With the components you already have, the following list should fill out your HTPC nicely:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone ML03B HTPC Case ($61.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: FSP Group 450W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply ($51.13 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $281.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-07 10:46 EST-0500

-Wolf sends

Solution