Home theatre system add USB support

nidish.kv

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
I have a old Philips Home Theatre:HTS3450/55. It does not have USB port. I have an LG TV LM 34 Series which can play from USB. But the TV does not have audio out.
How to get the audio to the Philips hts from usb.

omething like this
https://www.amazon.com/Buyee-Portable-Outputs-Auto-play-Loop-play/dp/B00JA8I0NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481164867&sr=8-2&keywords=Media+player+composite
or a streaming media box like an Android box can be used to play your files from USB
The HTS has coax digital inputs so if the TV has optical audio out you just need an optical to coax digital converter. Check that the TV has a menu setting that will allow it to pass bitstream 5.1 surround sound audio. Some don't
If that the case then. Connect it and any other sources to an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. That will provide a digital audio connection to the HTS.

omething like this
https://www.amazon.com/Buyee-Portable-Outputs-Auto-play-Loop-play/dp/B00JA8I0NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481164867&sr=8-2&keywords=Media+player+composite
or a streaming media box like an Android box can be used to play your files from USB
The HTS has coax digital inputs so if the TV has optical audio out you just need an optical to coax digital converter. Check that the TV has a menu setting that will allow it to pass bitstream 5.1 surround sound audio. Some don't
If that the case then. Connect it and any other sources to an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. That will provide a digital audio connection to the HTS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
S Audio 1
H Audio 3
S Audio 3
S Audio 1
T Audio 3
P Audio 1
V Audio 1
K Audio 2
B Audio 2
B Audio 1