Solved! Home theatre

May 10, 2019
Hello everyone. So. Here is my situation and I. Need help. In my basement/man cave. I have a Yamaha rxa 3040 home theatre receiver 9 amplified channels 2 that need a separate amp. Total11.1. I have two tv ‘s hooked up to the hdmi outs on this receiver split into two zones. One tv zone is 7.1 speakers sound and second zone-tv is 2 speakers for sound. The receiver only allows 2 video outputs. And of course I have my 7 inputs which are cable, Apple TV l, blue ray etc. So here’s where it gets complicated. I have a additional tv that I want to hook up to this receiver. But obviously I can not due to only two video outputs. My first consideration is a splitter in zone two’s output to give that 3rd tv a signal from my input sources connected to the receiver. Obviously it will not be a dedicated signal but it will be sharing. With that zone two tv. The splitter is not working the way I thought. For some reason you can’t put one tv on and one off on that split zone 2. They both need to be on. Don’t understand why. Maybe the hdmi cable run to that third tv is too long.[ 50 ft ]. Not sure. What are my other options. I’ve heard of matrix switches. But how do you control them. Are there ones with apps. And as smooth as the Yamaha. Receivers app. I spoke to higher end a/v guys. And their switches are $$$$$$$ plus you add in a control 4 =$$$$$$$$. Are there cheaper options just as good. Help please.

Solution
You don't need a matrix switcher or control4.
The quality of the "splitter" or what should be an active HDMI distribution amplifier matters. A passive splitter never works. More expensive ones do usually work more consistently than cheap ones especially with long cables.
The 50' cable could be an issue. To check that move the remote TV to where you can connect it with a short cable to the distribution amp.
The quality of the "splitter" or what should be an active HDMI distribution amplifier matters. A passive splitter never works. More expensive ones do usually work more consistently than cheap ones especially with long cables.
The 50' cable could be an issue. To check that move the remote TV to where you can connect it with a short cable to the distribution amp.

Solution
May 10, 2019
Tha

May 10, 2019
Thank you for that info. I agree. I have to check the distance. But after speaking to many people. I may want to do a matrix switch with a control 4. Just to give that professional look and function. Know here’s the tricky part. What matrix switch do I go with. And how do I hook it up to my existing Yamaha receiver for my speaker sound. Control 4 matrix is $$$$$. Found a company called Brightlink Looks legit. And a lot cheaper. Then figure add the control 4. Any opinion on this.