Homeland Security Wants More 'Naked Scanners'

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Or, we could just take that literally one in a million chance and travel without scanning me. You know, the old fashioned way of flying. Pretty sure we went many years without this being a problem, and will continue to have many more without them.

I'd rather have liberty with less security than no liberty and a greater sense of security.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I'm not turned on the least bit by the pictures, but I would not always assume the same from random and perhaps very bored security officals.

deathmustard

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
This would not bother me and i am a fat guy so hey some times people just have to take naked scanner pictures of you. It happens.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I'm not partial to the idea, nor do I really think it will stop anything, but oh well if it makes some people feel safer than why not.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]I'm not partial to the idea, nor do I really think it will stop anything, but oh well if it makes some people feel safer than why not.[/citation]

So by that arguement you should allow me to place camera's in your home, cause then I could make sure you werent building a bomb in your bedroom. Or better yet the womens locker room at the local health club, because you know I think they are planning something fishy. Seems like they might be getting in shape to overthrow someone. Its people like you that are killing this country. Give me liberty or give me death.

deathmustard

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]I'm not partial to the idea, nor do I really think it will stop anything, but oh well if it makes some people feel safer than why not.[/citation]

[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]So by that arguement you should allow me to place camera's in your home, cause then I could make sure you werent building a bomb in your bedroom. Or better yet the womens locker room at the local health club, because you know I think they are planning something fishy. Seems like they might be getting in shape to overthrow someone. Its people like you that are killing this country. Give me liberty or give me death.[/citation]

Listen we can sit here and beat this guy down by listing a whole lot of extremes that are way different then what we are talking about or we could....oh that's what you were doing...nevermind

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
This violates constitutional law of illegal searches without due cause and many others. First, let's be serious, this is for the paranoid rich. The gov't doesn't really care about the average person. Second, I'm tired of "Terrorists" winning by systematically removing our privacy. It's very simple, the people in this country, with actual minds, need to engage in judicial warfare against the US government if they try and institute this psychotic technology. Yes, we do not need neurotic/psychotic paranoids dictating policy in this country. They are crossing the line this time.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]thackstonns[/nom]So by that arguement you should allow me to place camera's in your home, cause then I could make sure you werent building a bomb in your bedroom. Or better yet the womens locker room at the local health club, because you know I think they are planning something fishy. Seems like they might be getting in shape to overthrow someone. Its people like you that are killing this country. Give me liberty or give me death.[/citation]Troll

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
what about radiation issues.....maby mobiles "can" cause some problems but this defenetely will...even the dentist leaves the room while taking x-rays...
Wiil americans be able to claim damages if they get cancer?????

Hope this does not get to europe

kidaquarius

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
[citation][nom]yrmoma[/nom]Or, we could just take that literally one in a million chance and travel without scanning me. You know, the old fashioned way of flying. Pretty sure we went many years without this being a problem, and will continue to have many more without them.I'd rather have liberty with less security than no liberty and a greater sense of security.[/citation]

+1

siman

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
[citation][nom]yrmoma[/nom]Or, we could just take that literally one in a million chance and travel without scanning me. You know, the old fashioned way of flying. Pretty sure we went many years without this being a problem, and will continue to have many more without them.I'd rather have liberty with less security than no liberty and a greater sense of security.[/citation]

I'm going to laugh at this when I get a thumbs down but whatever. But that one in a million chance cost thousands of peoples lives on 9/11 and millions of affected lives around the world. If you cant take it seriously then just don't fly and take a train or a bus. This nation is really sad when we already have forgotten 9/11, the people that work around the clock to protect and serve, or the people that have given their lives to the cause. The world is evolving and its becoming more hostile we need to accept this fact and get over it. So what if the machine scans you nothing different than taking a shower at the gym... pulse if your not guilty what do you have to worry about...?

G

Siman: Unfortunately, you already got a thumbs down for that very realistic and insightful comment of yours. I agree 100% with you thinking; however, it's a shame that 90% of the posters in this article are left-wing liberals.

G

Siman: Unfortunately, you already got a thumbs down for that very realistic and insightful comment you posted. I agree 100% with your thinking; however, it's a shame that 90% of the posters in this article are left-wing liberals.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
keep using Anti-Terrorist as an excuse to put more restrictions on us.

Might as well stop bothering people in the middle east. There you go.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]siman[/nom]I'm going to laugh at this when I get a thumbs down but whatever. But that one in a million chance cost thousands of peoples lives on 9/11 and millions of affected lives around the world. If you cant take it seriously then just don't fly and take a train or a bus. This nation is really sad when we already have forgotten 9/11, the people that work around the clock to protect and serve, or the people that have given their lives to the cause. The world is evolving and its becoming more hostile we need to accept this fact and get over it. So what if the machine scans you nothing different than taking a shower at the gym... pulse if your not guilty what do you have to worry about...?[/citation]

Protect and serve what? Sure protect all the "OIL FIELDS" so they can "SERVE THE RICH."

World Police my ass. Yeah I dont see those faggots in the US do something about the Somalia pirates.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
The TSA is wrong and if they hung these up in a preschool they should be arrested for it.
Not only are the scans revealing, but they are recorded for the "edification" of bored TSA personnel. The old question about who watches the watchers applies very well in this situation.
The other problem with these scanners and the back-scatter scanners is that there is evidence that they cause radiation damage to the cells of individuals exposed to the fields. TSA is completely ignoring this aspect of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.