Hook up for surround sound with TWC and DVD Player

Sherlene 1

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
What am I missing? I have a DVD Player, A TWCable box and surround sound speakers. I know that I have the speaker wires hooked up correctly, but do not know where the HDMI Cables plug in to, and then what "input" the TV needs to be on.Thanks

Solution
Ideally, you'd have a receiver that has multiple HDMI inputs. Your DVD player and TW Cable box would connect via HDMI to the receiver. Audio out go from the receiver to your surround sound speakers while video would display on your TV.

DVD Player --> Receiver HDMI Input 1 --> Audio Cables --> Surround Sound Speakers
DVD Player --> Receiver HDMI Input 1 --> HDMI Output 1 --> HDTV HDMI Input 1
TW Cable Box --> Receiver HDMI Input 2 --> Audio Cables --> Surround Sound Speakers
TW Cable Box --> Recevier HDMI Input 2 --> HDMI Output 1 --> HDTV HDMI Input 1

-Wolf sends
Ideally, you'd have a receiver that has multiple HDMI inputs. Your DVD player and TW Cable box would connect via HDMI to the receiver. Audio out go from the receiver to your surround sound speakers while video would display on your TV.

DVD Player --> Receiver HDMI Input 1 --> Audio Cables --> Surround Sound Speakers
DVD Player --> Receiver HDMI Input 1 --> HDMI Output 1 --> HDTV HDMI Input 1
TW Cable Box --> Receiver HDMI Input 2 --> Audio Cables --> Surround Sound Speakers
TW Cable Box --> Recevier HDMI Input 2 --> HDMI Output 1 --> HDTV HDMI Input 1

-Wolf sends

Solution