Hook up JBL E60 to PC?

Franco Battaglia

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey Guys!

I have 2 old E60 JBL Northridge speakers that I'm not currently using. So I thought it would be good to hook them up to my computer (I have old onboard audio from Asus p5kpl-am SE motherboard).

This is the E60's info sheet from JBL: http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/TechnicalSheet/E60%20TS.pdf

How can I do it? Do i need either an amplifier or a sound card?

I don't have the slightest idea about audio so any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Franco

Solution
You probably can't afford a new one. Look for special deals or used amplifiers/receivers.
I recommend anything from Denon, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Marantz, or Pioneer. I'd also avoid Sony and Yamaha, their low-end receivers tend not to be great.
Post here if you can find a deal online so that I and the other posters of the forum can tell you whether or not it's a good deal.

Eduello

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
You need a stereo amplifier/receiver. How big is your budget and what country are you from?

EDIT: A sound card might also help with sound quality since your motherboard is quite old, but it's not mandatory to have one.

Franco Battaglia

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

Sadly I'm quite limited. I am from Argentina and my budget is about 100$ (US Dollars)

Can I even afford an amplifier for that money?

Eduello

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
You probably can't afford a new one. Look for special deals or used amplifiers/receivers.
I recommend anything from Denon, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Marantz, or Pioneer. I'd also avoid Sony and Yamaha, their low-end receivers tend not to be great.
Post here if you can find a deal online so that I and the other posters of the forum can tell you whether or not it's a good deal.

Solution

Franco Battaglia

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

I'll look forward to doing what you said! Getting an used one seems to be the solution!

Thanks!