Hooking Up Non-HDMI AV to Smart TV for 5.1 Surround Sound

Gabriel_1234

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I have a Sony TV X810C edition as well as a Onkyo HTR-500 and I wanted to hook up the audio from my TV to get my 5.1 Surround Sound to play through it. The AV System doesn't have a HDMI-ARC input nor any other HDMI input and only has PCM and RCA input ports. How can I get my audio to be 5.1 Surround Sound. I also have an XBOX and AndroidTV Box hooked up to the TV'S HDMI port.

Thanks in Advance

Solution
Hello there.

Your HTR-500 supports 5.1 surround from the optical audio input. Simply connect an optical cable from the Digital Audio output (optical) in the rear of your X810C, and connect it in the HTR-500. (Digital Input 1)

Any device, such as an XBOX, will then automatically send sound to your receiver. You will have to set up your Optical Output to the correct digital mode in the settings if you do not initially have surround sound.
Hello there.

Your HTR-500 supports 5.1 surround from the optical audio input. Simply connect an optical cable from the Digital Audio output (optical) in the rear of your X810C, and connect it in the HTR-500. (Digital Input 1)

Any device, such as an XBOX, will then automatically send sound to your receiver. You will have to set up your Optical Output to the correct digital mode in the settings if you do not initially have surround sound.

Solution

Gabriel_1234

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Thanks, I have it hooked up like that, I guess its a setting issue with my Onkyo then.