Question Hooking up older DVD player to Smart TV

Askalpone

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Hi, so my so called father-in-law, bought LG Smart TV (55UN7300). We mounted TV on wall and so on and on. Everything works, except one thing. His older DVD player works fine playing DVD's on TV. But he would love to use his DVD Player speakers directly from TV. It's connected tru AV cables ( red,white,yellow) but for the love of god we cant get sound from TV trough DVD player to dvd player's speakers. Any thoughts? Dvd Player is Panasonic SA-HT870

Thanks in advance

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smackiepipe Audio 6
C Audio 1
G Audio 1
S Audio 2
S Audio 2
A Audio 4
Null895 Audio 1
F Audio 2
M Audio 3
C Audio 1
G Audio 1
C Audio 4
B Audio 1
I Audio 3
J Audio 2
P Audio 1
M Audio 1
H Audio 1
P Audio 3
D Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Inherited a Bose Lifestyle 20 (subwoofer & 2 speakers). Can I hook this to non-Bose audio source (like Vizio TV)?
Question How can you hook up a Samsung subwoofer to a BW LED SPK M speaker to the back of my computer tower?
Question I need help hooking up my blu ray player to the soundbar?
Solved! Computer is hooked up to monitor with HDMI to VGA adapter... Can I have audio or....?
Solved! How to hook up Bose. Tv speaker to Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U
Solved! Hooking up an active subwoofer to A/V receiver
Solved! How can hook up an old receiver to my TV and at audio
Solved! HELP: How to hook up TVEars Analog to Samsung Smart TV, w/no Audio Out or Earphones
I am trying to hook my direct tv box to an older tv that has no HDMI ports all it has is Ant/cable in and s-video and rca jack
I have an older tv no hdmi and im trying to hook cable box to to my amp and dvd
How do I hook up a older Bose Home Theater Without hdmi to a Samsung that only has hdmi
LG UHD TV 4K sound hook up to older sound system
I have a older Harman/Kardon AVR10 receiver and want to hook up my Minix box is this possible ?
I have an older blu ray player and I'm trying to hook it up to my Roku TV. What do I need to do?
How to hook older yamaha to lg 4k tv sumone help wut do i nees
I have an older JVC receiver looking to hook up independent wifi streaming and have bluetooth capabilities
How to hook a older Yamaha receiver to a LG smart tv using rca jacks
I have an older Stereo Receiver looking to hook up wireless speakers
how do I hook up older Fisher to a Pioneer receiver
hooked older to dish receiver. now i have no sound.

ASK THE COMMUNITY