horizontal line on my samsung led smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

gw3034

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
I have a Samsung 55" led smart tv. recently it has developed a single horizontal line about 1/4 of the way up the screen. the line goes the entire width of the screen. I am just wondering if this is a problem with the screen itself, or if it could be a problem with one of the boards or a component in a board. If so, how would I diagnose which board or component? pretty much any information would be extremely helpful, as this was a very expensive tv that is not yet three years old. thank you all!!

Solution
a horizontal line (s) is usually an indication of a "bad panel" which isn't economically repairable. Most of these kinds of sets use what are called "bonded tab" cables which is flat cabling "heat bonded" to the sides and bottom of the panel. Those connections may develop issued over time such that the bonding (or some associated IC drivers on the cable) has an issue. Some people have had some limited success with placing some thermal padding on the bond areas to improve pressure on the bond (and reduce heating effects) resulting in the line (s) disappearing if they are lucky.... probably temporarily as the issue isn't really fixed. Of course, you need to dissemble the frame / back of the set to get access to the area. Probably...

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
a horizontal line (s) is usually an indication of a "bad panel" which isn't economically repairable. Most of these kinds of sets use what are called "bonded tab" cables which is flat cabling "heat bonded" to the sides and bottom of the panel. Those connections may develop issued over time such that the bonding (or some associated IC drivers on the cable) has an issue. Some people have had some limited success with placing some thermal padding on the bond areas to improve pressure on the bond (and reduce heating effects) resulting in the line (s) disappearing if they are lucky.... probably temporarily as the issue isn't really fixed. Of course, you need to dissemble the frame / back of the set to get access to the area. Probably not the answer you are hoping for... sorry.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.