Horrible gaming performance on ASUS K53SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawnmowernator

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
So a few months ago, I bought this laptop(K53SD according to DXDIAG) with the following specs:

CPU:Intel Core i7 - 2670QM, 2.2GHz
GPU: Geforce 610M - 2GB(Not the best, but it should work) - Integrated: Intel HD Graphics - 3000
ODD: DVD Sup.MTI
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 500GB

I've tried many games such as Battlefield 3, GTA IV, FIFA 13 but all had horrible performance on lowest settings, probably around 10-20 fps. I've looked it up on youtube and people have been playing games on the same laptop as mine without any problems.

I've googled it and seen that many people has the same problem, but I've yet to find a solution.

Things that I've tried:
Defragging
Switching between Geforce 610M and Intel HD Graphics 3000
Reinstalling Windows 7(will do again soon)
Updating/downgrading several driver versions.

Any suggestions would be great!

Solution
Sadly the GT 610m is not a very powerful graphics chip. It is better than the Intel HD 3000, but not by much. The GT 610m is actually very close to the Intel HD 4000 in terms of performance.

If you have seen videos of people playing the games you mentioned with decent performance, then perhaps you should post a question to the uploader to find out if they did anything special. There is only so much performance the GT 610m and the HD 3000 can provide.

I actually tried playing GTA 4 with the Intel HD 3000 instead of the GT 550m in my laptop. After the game loaded Niko (the game character) was simply standing in open space inside the apartment. Apparently there was not enough RAM dedicated to the Intel HD 3000 to render the walls and...

lawnmowernator

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
A little update after reinstalling yet AGAIN, same crappy performance but now I've noticed that some of my applications just will not run. I've installed 3 different .PDF readers, and all of them "Stopped Working"

Sadly the GT 610m is not a very powerful graphics chip. It is better than the Intel HD 3000, but not by much. The GT 610m is actually very close to the Intel HD 4000 in terms of performance.

If you have seen videos of people playing the games you mentioned with decent performance, then perhaps you should post a question to the uploader to find out if they did anything special. There is only so much performance the GT 610m and the HD 3000 can provide.

I actually tried playing GTA 4 with the Intel HD 3000 instead of the GT 550m in my laptop. After the game loaded Niko (the game character) was simply standing in open space inside the apartment. Apparently there was not enough RAM dedicated to the Intel HD 3000 to render the walls and floors.

As for the PDf readers not working... I dunno. Scan for viruses I suppose?

Solution

Namikage

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

one the game lover

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
I have asus k53sd i3 2.3ghz , nvidia geforce610m 2gb, 4 gb ram ,windows 7 ultimate and my laptop running games smoothly-assassin's creed series till ac3, homefront , splinter cell blacklist , xmen wolverine , far cry-3 etc running smoothly . the next advanced games are running well on lower settings. but now i am not able to play as they require 3.4ghz process and higher end graphics min.

i think you should check your adapter and the all power lines which responsible supplying power for your processor(as i7 needs more power-check is there any faulty power system)
or update your chipset/bios
or upgrade your ram
or check your anti virus or any other programs (like quick heal) which may slow your pc during there processing.
or check your cooling fan (is it blocked and not cooling the pc correctly )

if your problem will be solved wish you best of gaming..if not i am sorry becz i understand how it feels having gaming pc and not able to play...

_ThiBxL_

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
I also have a Asus K53SD and i can run and play many games with medium settings, with a rate between 35-50 fps depends on the game (Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, The Elder Scrolls, NFS Shift 2...)

I had the same probem. The solution is to do a right-click on the .exe of the game and select "Run with NVIDIA GeForce 610m" something like that... Because the choice by default is the Intel HD Graphic processor wich is used.

Check your GPU drivers too...

Jinto Antony

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
May be the problem is not with drivers,windows or ram...It may be due to the problem of overheating...So, when the temperature goes high, the processor will throttle its clock speed to protect the processor from serious burning....Most of the laptops have the same issue, and most of them never think about this...SO, My recommendation is give little more cooling to your laptop...Hope this will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.