House wiring questions/help

elite-fusion

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am having my house renovated and I decided to wire the entire house with a CAT6 as well as Coax.

Each room will have 2-3 coax connections which I am running them all into one main location, so in the end, I will have about 10-12 coax cables coming out of a hole in a wall. My question being is....Would it be best to have all 10-12 into one splitter on one end, and then one coax going to the main FiOs box, or would it be just as good if I connected each room (2-3 wires) to one connector, and then run the one wire to the hole in the wall? I would prefer not to split the wire more than I have to, but not sure if that would be a better route to go.

Can someone please advise as to a very good quality coax splitter as well because I want to make sure it is a good one for the best performance.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Is up to you whether your want to wire satellite splitters, then you will have to make some sort of structure panels to house such splitters because am guessing since you are doing this from scratch you are not simply letting them hanging off the walls. It's always more flexible to run all extensions to a single closet, then all splitters and equipment would be in this one place, but yeah you end up having to run more cables. With so many coax drops, you will most likely need a powered splitter (booster) at the closet.

No specific recommendation as to splitter but there are several "installer grade" brands like Atronix, PCT, Atlanta Scientific, rated for 5-1000mhz.

Is up to you whether your want to wire satellite splitters, then you will have to make some sort of structure panels to house such splitters because am guessing since you are doing this from scratch you are not simply letting them hanging off the walls. It's always more flexible to run all extensions to a single closet, then all splitters and equipment would be in this one place, but yeah you end up having to run more cables. With so many coax drops, you will most likely need a powered splitter (booster) at the closet.

No specific recommendation as to splitter but there are several "installer grade" brands like Atronix, PCT, Atlanta Scientific, rated for 5-1000mhz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
O Streaming Video & TVs 8
C Streaming Video & TVs 9
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 7
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 5
H Streaming Video & TVs 1