How are "points" calculated?

Really? Because that's like saying that somebody with four years tenure at a university shouldn't be making more money than somebody who just started working there 18 days ago. Besides, to be honest, there are very few people that look at or pay any attention to "points", or even understand what they are, anyhow. If you want points, stick around, answer questions, get best answers, and eventually the points will come, but in truth, I can't see how it matters. People care more about the accuracy and legitimacy of your posts more than what the numbers under your name look like.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Because that's like saying that somebody with four years tenure at a university shouldn't be making more money than somebody who just started working there 18 days ago.

Completely bogus analogy. Should be more like "someone who's been hanging in the parking lot for 10 years vs the new hire".

Besides, to be honest, there are very few people that look at or pay any attention to "points", or even understand what they are, anyhow.

Then the forum owner should disable them completely.

People care more about the accuracy and legitimacy of your posts more than what the numbers under your name look like.

That's why I add sources and additional resources under my comment. Sometimes it's just a personal anecdote but it's better than just screaming out my butt the way some people here do.

rgd1101

Don't
The forum software was updated/changed a few years ago. some of the old stat didn't get thru except the point, because for some reason people care about that.
Anyway why does it matter what somebody else got? I thought you just like helping others

Colif

Distinguished
The trophies based on time of membership probably do earn you too many points for just being a member, those are seen as more a reward for being here for say almost 7 years in my case. Its not hard to do, you just join.

but it also doesn't really matter as points mean nothing. Just a number. And if you use mobile phones you hardly see them anyway.

Users shouldn't lose posts due to the conversion, they could have lost Best Answers though.

Last edited:
Truth is, you're barking up the wrong tree. If you believe the current framework is faulty, then contact the admins. Nobody else can help you, nor would we, because we really don't give two craps about the "points" anyhow. Not here, and not on TH. At least, not most of us anyhow, and not to the degree that we'd make it a public conversation.