Question How can I connect mouse and PC to phone at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2021
Hello, I am an automation tester and I need a special connection between smartphone, device, and mouse.

Could I connect a mouse to the phone, meanwhile controlling the phone from a PC from Android Studio via USB? I need to handle this scenario to make tests faster.

Group-23.png

Thank you a lot.

~ CreativeCBR

Try it, but a USB hub should be able to do this. Depends on the phone probably. I can use a keyboard and mouse on my USB C phone when it's connected to a laptop dock. Same keyboard and mouse on the dock that my laptop uses works on the phone as well, although the phone does not send any video to the monitor through it.

Jun 10, 2021
I tried with few hubs, none of them didn't work.. :( I connected the hub to PC, and Phone and mouse to the hub and I had a signal from the phone and mouse on the PC, then I reversed the connection, when I connected hub to phone, and then pc and mouse to hub caused working mouse on phone, but the PC didn't see the phone.

I tried with few hubs, none of them didn't work.. :( I connected the hub to PC, and Phone and mouse to the hub and I had a signal from the phone and mouse on the PC, then I reversed the connection, when I connected hub to phone, and then pc and mouse to hub caused working mouse on phone, but the PC didn't see the phone.

Try a bluetooth mouse to the phone. I have never tried it, but bluetooth should be pretty standard on the phone vs a computer.

Jun 10, 2021
Thanks hang-the-9 for a response, but it must be connected via USB. The phone has to be connected to the mouse and PC via USB at that same moment, but using of the USB port will be alternate. A little bit confusing.

Has anyone any idea how should it work?

Jun 22, 2021
a hub works fine, but it won't work if you connect the hub to your pc ofcourse .. cus then the devices you connect to the hub are connected to the pc. Even if you put a usb cable in the hub towards your phone, you're then actually connecting your phone to the pc...

to use a hub: get a USB-OTG cable, to this cable you connect the hub, then connect the mouse and keyboard to that hub... this works just fine on both my galaxy tablet (model 2016, micro-usb) and my galaxy A51 (2020, usb-c)

Jun 10, 2021
a hub works fine, but it won't work if you connect the hub to your pc ofcourse .. cus then the devices you connect to the hub are connected to the pc. Even if you put a usb cable in the hub towards your phone, you're then actually connecting your phone to the pc...

to use a hub: get a USB-OTG cable, to this cable you connect the hub, then connect the mouse and keyboard to that hub... this works just fine on both my galaxy tablet (model 2016, micro-usb) and my galaxy A51 (2020, usb-c)

Thanks, BoGy1980,

I really know that, I tested a few hubs, also with a switcher and two OUTPUT devices per hub and it didn't work.
I need a solution which will ensure permanent connection to devices (phone, mouse, PC) without USB detach, additionally I want to use mouse and PC alternately, never at the same time, that will make the solution easier. One more requirement is remote switching between devices, if I want a mouse, the Phone will be connected to a mouse, or if I want a PC, the Phone will be connected to the PC, alternately of course.

Last edited:

SuryaMahla

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Hi, did you manage to find a solution for this? I happen to have a similar situation where I have to connect a USB mouse to my phone, and my phone to my PC. I've tried making my phone a hub and connecting mouse and keyboards, they work but when I try to connect phone to PC using a male to male USB cable, it won't work. I'm not sure how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.