How can I connect my fire tv stick to my samsung home theater system and my samsung tv. The home theater system has 1 HDMI por

Jun 23, 2018
We recently did away with cable and got the fire tv stick. Can't figure out how to connect it to our samsung home theater system with 1 HDMI port and our samsung tv with 2 HDMI ports. Would like to watch movies and hear it through the surround sound system. Please help

It depends on whether the HTS has a disc player built in.
If it does then you connect it to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV if it has one.
The Firestick connects to the other HDMI input.
Configure ARC in the TV menu as per the manual. Select ARC as you source on the HTS when you aren't playing discs.
ARC requires both the TV and HTS to support it. If one doesn't then you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to the HTS to get sound from the Firestick into the HTS. The audio output also needs to be configured.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mahan2210 Streaming Video & TVs 6
LorrieT Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
M Streaming Video & TVs 1