How can I fix a gap with my laptop screen and its casing? (Images included)

May 27, 2018
My laptop has a gap in between the screen and its casing and I would like to know what kind of glue or fix is there that would safely repair this issue without damage. I would like to also let you guys know that warrant is not going to be an option for me right now so I would like help knowing what I personally could do.

Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/a/4gACVHJ

Thanks for all the help guys! :p

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
There's 3 things you could do. The easiest is to just live with it and not do anything. The second is to take it to a repair shop and have them take the laptop apart and reseat the bezel against the screen. The third is to do the same thing as the repair shop by yourself (if your comfortable taking apart and putting together laptops).

May 27, 2018

I am confused, because it seems just like bent plastic and not necessarily anything sophisticated that requires reassembly.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
To me, it looks like a manufacturing defect. Either the bezel (i.e. plastic is bent/out of spec). This would require the replacement of the bezel. Or, there's something between the bezel and screen causing the bezel to bow out. In either case, there's no easy fix. The typical fix would be to return the laptop or send it back to the manufacturer for repair. But, since you can't do that, the next best choice is to just leave it alone.

May 27, 2018

It's rough because I sent it back and forth to them about 3 damn times and they claim to not see the issue, and when I finally sent them several pictures all they offered in return was a buyback, which was like 500$ less than the cost, so they basically screwed me over.