How can i make my beats solo hd mic work on my pc?

Kalo8299

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I would like to use my beats as a gaming headset but, im confronted with a problem, i cant seem to get the mic working when i connect it to the 3.5mm pink jack. it works perfectly when i connect it to the green 3.5mm jack.

Solution

If it works in the green jack, use that. What is the issue there?
You also need to list the brand and model of the computer so people can properly sort out what may be going on if you have an issue.

If the headphones have a single connection, you will need a 4 post to a 3 post converter to break out the mic and speaker signals for computer use unless your computer has a combo jacks like phones do. You can find those converters in many places, Radio Shack locally would probalby be best or Amazon, ebay, etc...

Tommy Shiels

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
The pink Jack is an input. the green jack is an output. The jack socket must be able to send and receive signals. I would suggest plugging this into the green, go to your control panel, select sound and see whether your operating system can detect the mic and select the input as your beats headphones.

Kalo8299

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015

Well I'm using windows 8.1 and it dosent seem to show me any settings for making the mic work. do you know if its about the drivers or anything?

Tommy Shiels

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
Drivers shouldn't be the issue however you may update them. Is the sound card managed by an application? i.e realtek. Under the 'Recordings' tab should be microphones where you may find the microphone detected on your Beats, If there has been no microphone recognised then one can only assume that the hardware does not support multiple signals or send/recieve function on the audio ports.

If it works in the green jack, use that. What is the issue there?
You also need to list the brand and model of the computer so people can properly sort out what may be going on if you have an issue.

If the headphones have a single connection, you will need a 4 post to a 3 post converter to break out the mic and speaker signals for computer use unless your computer has a combo jacks like phones do. You can find those converters in many places, Radio Shack locally would probalby be best or Amazon, ebay, etc...

Solution