how can I make some video files uncopyable for ordinary users ( just can't copy in the easy way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

121rebyc

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
hi guys

I have some video tutorial files. and I want to sell this files on hard disk.
I need to prevent copy files in easy way. I can install software and change setting in user windows and os. and user is ordinary computer user. I don;t need complex and encrypted data. just play video files and can't copy them to another person.

I can make BR disk or VHD (virtual hard disk) and other method and run any software on user pc.

please help me to find the good method or software with multi user restriction( if its work for me)

- I think if I find the way to make virtual protected flash memory( removable memory) I can solve this problem
thanks and waiting for your help

Frankly you cannot make your work uncopyable....

Much like movie pirates who sneak a camera into a theater anyone wanting to steal your work will do do by simply setting up a camera and microphone in front of a monitor and speaker.

Sure, quality may be lost but the resulting video will still be copied, offered for sale, and (if worthwhile) bought by those who do not want to pay full price or otherwise just do not care about priracy, etc...

That said, you can still set up licensing agreements and use serials numbers etc. to identify legitmate users who will receive updates, support, and so forth. I have software that is registered via some inherent registration/code number that allows me to download and install updates.

For that you will probably need some supporting company that can provide those services and support. If your videos are successful then you need to be ready to deal with and provide the necessary support to your customers. I.e., validate legitimate customers who lose their registration code.

Because bad guys buy a legitimate copy and use that copy to garner more information and hack your products for information that allows them to copy and resell your work.

Professional support is needed.

121rebyc

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
hi , thanks for reply
I sell this video tuts in the city and not more than that.
this videos not so expensive to capture by camera and using complex way to copy. I just don't want to right click and copy this files easy way just it.
I don't want to going with license and registration for this videos its not worth .
just prevent simple windows file copy.

explain this situation in the another way:
I have computer with 2 user . I want to one of them is can copy those files and another can't.

Put the files you do not wish to be copyable in a password protected folder and do not give that password to anyone who may copy the files.

Likewise you can establish drive, folder, and files access rights by user. Just do not grant the access rights to other users on the computer.

Or do both for even more protection.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Possession trumps all.
If you give me a drive with an 'uncopyable' file or folder, I'll just make a full disk image, then play with it to my hearts content.
Some people would take that as a specific challenge.

Boot up linux, and see whats in there.
Play it in VLC, and record the stream as it goes by.
Aim a camcorder at the screen while it plays.

121rebyc

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
thanks

ralston18: if I make pass protected . user can't play content and video
Gbb0330: yes I know that. but I looking for prevent simple right click copy. not more
USARet: like I sad I don't looking for full protection. just prevent right click copy and send to.

I think best way is create blueray iso image protected and run with virtual drive . but I have another problem . I want just software Like deam tools is access to image file and not any user.

Status
Not open for further replies.