how can i sync google play music accounts?

misfitkid86

Honorable
May 23, 2012
hi all, i have a samsung phone that i listen to music on, problem is is that on this phone i have one account with a bunch of music, and i also have another account that has other music. they are different email adresses and i want to combine the two playlists, how can i do this? dying to combine old music with the new, oh and there all cloud so no real way to re download to my knowledge. thanks!

Solution
Some Android devices (e.g. Cyanogenmod based) support multiple users on a single devices. These users can link to different Google accounts.

I would, however, simplify my life and merge everything into a single account.

misfitkid86

Honorable
May 23, 2012

ok that makes sense, i have a samsung galaxy s5, how would i do that?

Option one - you jump the gun, find whether Cyanogenmod is supported on your device, flash your phone (losing everything on it), etc. You can start reading here. Be prepared for long journey, and you risk bricking your phone.
Option two - you download whatever you have on Account 2, close that account, and re-upload it to Account 1. I would go this way.
Option three - buy cheap Android phone just to have it tied to Account 2 ;)

misfitkid86

Honorable
May 23, 2012

blarg to all three! what i am doing, and it's annoying but works. is to switch accounts through the play app, it uninstalls downloaded music that's on my phone but it's cloud so i lose nothing really, when i switch accounts i get the other stuff. really annoying but it sorta works and will do for now i guess.