How can I transfer my music from my S5 to the SD card?

maestro26

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
I'm trying to move my downloaded music from my Galaxy S5 device storage to the SD card, but I'm having trouble finding my music in the applications manager.

siveshen

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Your music is automatically sent to the downloads folder once you download.When the download is finished you simply select all the songs you want then copy/move to your sd card.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Downloaded file are always in folder called "Downloads" (also check if there' is any named "music").. Why are you finding in applications manager?

siam672

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Although I don't use a S5, from my experience using Tab 2 and S3, go to File Manager-> Internal Storage (Or whatever your Internal storage is called)-> Downloads (Or if you used an app to download the musics, it's probably saved in a folder named similar to the app name, for example SimpleMP3 would save it to a folder called SimpleMP3 in the internal storage)-> Now select all the musics you want to transfer and simply drag it to the specific folder or press move and locate it to your desired location.

Hope I helped and sorry if my english is bad. Please reply with your experience with my help.

Sofeh

Estimable
May 10, 2014
go to the app (folder) my files, yoy will find audio, images, etc. select audio, click on the options tab on the top right hand corner (vertical doted line) click select, and check the select all box, then click again on the options tab on the top right hand corner (vertical doted line), and click on move, slect SD card, and you can the create a new folder from the option at the bottom of the screen and then click move, and you are all good to go, and we all are happy:)

AmyLeeJones

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015

Thank you Sofeh... Now I don't need to erase my pic just to accommodate more music.

EchoBaby

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
[Hi bondjamesbond007, I hope my answers works for you. I have an iTunes library. What I did was I put my sd card in my pc and dropped and drag what I wanted to my sd card. I did create a folder on the sd card and within that folder made folders for each artist. I made a folder for each artist so I could properly tag the artist info and put the correct album art. Some music files transferred without me having to edit anything and some didn't. The ones that didn't I used an app called ID3Fixer and CoverGrabber and Album Art Grabber. In the ID3Fixer when you get to Step 3 you have to touch the highlighted choice in order to edit the info manually if you want to make any changes. Now if your music is located in your phones storage to move it to the sd card is real simple. In your apps there's something that says My Files>All Files>Device Storage and check which file your music is stored in, remember the name of that file. Go back to where you saw SD Card and Device Storage. Choose SD Card>Android and from there you can create a music folder. Once you do that look in the top right corner there will be something that looks like a file folder with an arrow. This is how you'll move your music form your internal phone storage to your sd card storage.

Orlando_1

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
THANK YOU!