Solved! How can I transfer pictures from a P20 Pro onto an external SD card via USB connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2018
I've been trying to transfer pictures and other media direct from my phone onto an SD Card. I have tried using a USB C adapter to connect the SD card to the phone but it doesn't seem to allow me to transfer anything across.

Any help on how I can manage this would be appreciated.

Solution
Normally I would say insert the card, however I believe that device doesn't have a SD card slot. Which is really really odd.

That said, what you are trying likely won't work. You need to connect that SD card to another device. Once that can accept a card. Then either connect the other device to a computer, via USB cord, and move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. You can then connect the new phone to the computer via USB cord and move the files over to the phone. Or you can use the other device with the card in it to send all the files to a google or other cloud account. Then download said files from that account to the new phone.

The last option would be to connect the SD card to a computer directly (if the computer...
Normally I would say insert the card, however I believe that device doesn't have a SD card slot. Which is really really odd.

That said, what you are trying likely won't work. You need to connect that SD card to another device. Once that can accept a card. Then either connect the other device to a computer, via USB cord, and move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. You can then connect the new phone to the computer via USB cord and move the files over to the phone. Or you can use the other device with the card in it to send all the files to a google or other cloud account. Then download said files from that account to the new phone.

The last option would be to connect the SD card to a computer directly (if the computer is capable or you have an adapter to connect it to the computer, then follow the steps above give for transferring from another device to the computer and to the new phone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.