How can I use an external sound card to hook up my laptop(hdmi)1/8in audio out,to my 5.1 receiver no hdmi input

Jimmydj

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I have an asus k52n the only outputs are 1/8 in headphone jack and hdmi out, I have tons of music i wish to listen to on my surround system which is hooked up to my denon 5.1 receiver no hdmi input,I want to know how to connect laptop to 5.1 with an external soundncard does anyone know which card i need, or exactly what to get to play music through all my speakers
so pls respond if you can thank you community

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
W Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question Tech gurus needed (Samsung non smart tv and external drive)
Question possible to stream from external HDD
Solved! connecting external speakers to Sharp TV
Panasonic TV, no sound from external speakers with HDMI-devices
HELP!!!!!!!!! my lg tv's speaker is working well but when it is connected to an external speaker it produces a buzzing sound
how can I hear the sound from external hard drive connected to tv usb ports sending sound to the home theatre aux option
i have a samsng tv (not a smart one) i connected an external sound bar an via optical cable. i can only hear audio whenthe spt
We have a new Samsung and when we connect HDM1 cable we can only get sound please help
I have an onkyo sr333 and a new lg tv. I want the sound to work on the tv and external speakers?
No sound from external speakers
no sound fromkogn tv audio out to external speakers
I cant get sound from my surround sound system when i connect my external hard drive to my tv via the usb port i do get pictur
I'm playing movies through my projector with a Sony blu-ray player and want to add external speakers to enhance the sound. How
Hi I purchased chromecast. works fine except sound does not come out of my external speakers. suggestion was to purchase HDMI.
hi my friend 'threw' his 3830T Acer aspire and now it has no sound at all even if you plugin head phones or external speakers.
i have a samsung tv model # UN65FH6001F i cannont connect a sound bar because there is no option to turn on external speaker i
My Sony Bravia KDL-46VL150 sound to external system does not function.
External Speaker Sound
No sound with external speakers with sony home theatre
roku, other options allow external sound usb sound card?

ASK THE COMMUNITY