Question How can someone hack just my mobile hot spot to be a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2022
Suddenly my hot spot does not have enough signal to operate my fire stick the fire stick works fine with my other hot spot devices it says it’s connected but can only intermittently get a tv show in for a few seconds I have changed the password and changed the hot spot name to no avail any ideals on this

Nov 11, 2022
No it’s not a device issue trust me on that but the phine is a iPhone 11
I’m the past they have hacked my google photos deleted pics they somehow can remotely turn of my vpn at will and listen to my phone calls I’m not being paranoid these are facts which does not bother me but my mobile hot spot I use everyday so I’m trying to figure out how it can be done

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Start with the easy stuff. On your iPhone, do you have any applications running on it that you didn't install (aside from what your wireless carrier may have installed)? Do you see any connected devices that are not your own when using it?

You are describing things that can happen to anyone and not at the hands of a hacker.

Nov 11, 2022
Nothing I do not use on a daily basis for a long time nothing I have added everything in my phone has not affected the hot spot in the past I sure this is something else how it’s being done I do not know

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Perform a factory reset of the device and then reset the credentials for the wireless network/hotspot.

This will remove any possible app issues, as well as any nefarious connections/access.

Why else has your current wifi (from the hotspot) info?

Nov 11, 2022
Ok so resetting my phone changing hot spot password and name of my hotspot worked for like 20 minutes till they did it again to my phone now it does not work again it says it’s connected but does not work anyone else have a ideal how they can do this remotely

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Ok so resetting my phone changing hot spot password and name of my hotspot worked for like 20 minutes till they did it again to my phone now it does not work again it says it’s connected but does not work anyone else have a ideal how they can do this remotely
This is almost assuredly not a hacker. As originally indicated, this sounds like a device issue. Obviously, I can't convince you otherwise. Good luck.

By the way, after a factory reset, the phone will likely have multiple updates to apply to get as safe/secure as possible. This can definitely impact performance while happening.

Nov 11, 2022
I thank you for your assistance but while you think I’m being stubborn and not taking your advise I can promise I am but for 8 years now we have been going back and forth this is just something new they have come up with . Somehow they are taping into my signal with Att like I said I’m just trying to figure out how there doing it I suppose I should try the dark web maybe someone there has a ideal how it’s done as for updates to the Phine it’s been a few hours since I reset it I turned on tv via hotspot was watching a show and after maybe 20 minutes same thing started now your assistance has been appreciated

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I thank you for your assistance but while you think I’m being stubborn and not taking your advise I can promise I am but for 8 years now we have been going back and forth this is just something new they have come up with . Somehow they are taping into my signal with Att like I said I’m just trying to figure out how there doing it I suppose I should try the dark web maybe someone there has a ideal how it’s done as for updates to the Phine it’s been a few hours since I reset it I turned on tv via hotspot was watching a show and after maybe 20 minutes same thing started now your assistance has been appreciated
It simply doesn't work this way, sorry. No one is tapping your AT&T signal, that connection is secure.

Your device wifi can be vulnerable (as provided by your hotspot), but the likelihood of it happening in 20 minutes from a factory refresh is nearly nil. If you are sharing with someone else, you increase the likelihood. Sounds like only you, though, from your earlier comments.

By the way, what VPN are you using and for how long have you been using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.