how can you take delete Atheros boot agent from boot menu?

arwilson82

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I am trying to take out the Atheros boot agent off my boot menu but I don't see an option to delete. I have a Toshiba labtop. Can anyone tell me what I can do?

issy2401

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Hi the boot menu you refer to is first the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) and you can't. why would you want to delete it? you simply can change the boot order so that your laptop will boot from it lastly if need be. put your hard drive first once you have an operating system installed on it...then put your cd rom or usb ect....

arwilson82

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

arwilson82

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Thank you for the response. When I turn it on it automatically goes to a screen that says "check cable connection PXE-MOF: exiting intel PXE ROM. No bootable devices- insert boot disk and press any key." I have had the laptop for two years and I am not sure what has happened and how to fix it.

issy2401

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
do you have a hard drive installed into the laptop? you can also enter the BIOS by pressing the delete button as soon as you power on press in a few times till you see a blue screen with writing...navigate and see whether the laptop identifies the hard drive or not....if not you will need to get a new hard drive....also do you have a bootable dvd? if you do place the atheros boot agent last in the boot order and use any other bootable media such as usb or dvd and see if this fixes the problem...