Solved! How Did You Lower Your Cell Phone Bill?

Graybush

Estimable
It’s no big secret, bills stink! We all want to get the best deal on phone service and we prefer to do it while spending as little money as possible. There’s a ton of information out there regarding the billing process (how to access your account, how to change your plan. etc.) but there’s not a lot of advice on how to lower your phone bill.

Ij3Oofn.jpg

Not all deals are the same, and not all tricks are the same, either. Because of that, we’d like to hear how you lowered your own phone bill! Did you talk to a human representative about it? Did you shop for a new plan? Leave a post below and let us know!

Solution
I lowered my AT&T bill from $137.00 for 2 lines, to Comcast for $25.00 for 2 lines.

Comcast uses Verizon cell towers, charges only for the Data you use and by the Gig from 1GIG to 3GIG then turns into unlimited for 45$/line.

This works well for me because the only data I ever use is GPS, I have Wi-Fi access all over the city, therefore my data is usually under 1GIG over cell towers, and the call plan is north America no cost (Canada included, which I have family in) so 0$ long distances.

Great Service, got a new phone. and get Better WI-FI Coverage and service over AT&T in Texas.

Only rules they have is you have to be a Comcast client, may it be cable TV, internet or alarm system to get this deal. which I am , and very happy with...
G

I currently use T-Mobile for me and the kids (with parental controls), so that they don't use too much data. We were originally on Cricket but I talked to a representative about switching and gave me a really sweet deal. 100 for 4 lines with unlimited calls, texts, and 4GBs for data. It also helped that the wonderful lady I talked to was also a mother with two boys. She was very sympathetic about my needs and the fact that Cricket wasn't willing to budge on our old plan.

By biggest deal saver though is talking to the boys about the purpose of data and how it affects phone bills. Discussing the phone they have as a privilege (and for emergency purposes) and not as a right has also been great. Making sure that the phones are treated right, and that they're attached to the wi-fi, those have been super helpful in easing anxiety about paying overcharges and hidden fees.

It also helps that I got phones for the kids that aren't very powerful (I got two Samsung Galaxy J3s for them). I told them if they want more powerful phones they'll need to save and do the research on which phone they actually want. My oldest is catching on. My younger is much rougher with his tech gear so I predict I will need to replace the phone at least once before he wises up.

I lowered my AT&T bill from $137.00 for 2 lines, to Comcast for $25.00 for 2 lines.

Comcast uses Verizon cell towers, charges only for the Data you use and by the Gig from 1GIG to 3GIG then turns into unlimited for 45$/line.

This works well for me because the only data I ever use is GPS, I have Wi-Fi access all over the city, therefore my data is usually under 1GIG over cell towers, and the call plan is north America no cost (Canada included, which I have family in) so 0$ long distances.

Great Service, got a new phone. and get Better WI-FI Coverage and service over AT&T in Texas.

Only rules they have is you have to be a Comcast client, may it be cable TV, internet or alarm system to get this deal. which I am , and very happy with their service, the Verizon coverage is awesome.

Lastly, Comcast has Wi-Fi hotspot all over the city, even when at places that don't have (I know right WTH) provided client accessible Wi-Fi access. (every Comcast modem Xfinity modem is a Wifi hotspot)

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers

Solution

Graybush

Estimable

Which prepaid plan did you switch to? Do you find it better than your previous plan?

I don’t have a lot of experience with the nitty-gritty paperwork of switching services personally, but I was able to lower my cell phone bill by switching from one family plan to another. Originally I was on T-Mobile sharing a family plan. Eventually I realized that T-Mobile wasn’t the right service for me, since I was traveling a lot and couldn’t always get a signal. My decision to jump came from a night where I got stranded at a faire I was volunteering at and needed to get back to town. Eventually I got a ride to the train station I arrived 4 hours later than I originally intended. After that I switched over to share a family plan with my partner and his folks. Initially it was more expensive because I paid out for a new phone, but the long term benefits of switching has definitely worked out in my favor.

Mar 30, 2018
I switched to Lycamobile. I need international calling and my plan has unlimited talk and text. and, the data plan is good too although I do not need much data as I use wi-fi both at work and home. The network is pretty good. I traveled to yellow stone, Wyoming last year and apparently, none of the phone services work there except for AT&T, But mine was working just fine and I could even make international calls.