How do I access the standard BIOS instead of this "Toshiba Setup Utility"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diracleo

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite Click 10 (LX0W - C64), and I wiped the hard drive because I want to install Ubuntu. Trying to install and run Ubuntu on this machine has been a complete nightmare. I am past the installation part, but now I'm getting a "no bootable device found", and some of the guides are saying that I need to tinker with some BIOS settings. The problem is that these settings are not accessible in the so-called BIOS that came with this computer.

I attached a picture of what I am seeing after I hold down F2 during boot. I expect to see a standard blue-background BIOS, but instead, I am presented with this half-baked, stripped-down version called "Toshiba Setup Utility" that isn't allowing me to change many basic things. What's going on here? Is this the BIOS that I am supposed to work with? If so, how am I supposed to change boot devices and order?

hUZz2Vp.jpg

Screenshot of Toshiba Setup Utility: http://i.imgur.com/hUZz2Vp.jpg

diracleo

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

I have already disabled secure boot - in fact, it was disabled when I installed Ubuntu. I just happened to toggle it right before taking that screenshot. Even with secure boot disabled, I still get the "No boot device found" message when booting.

As an aside, how the heck is this the BIOS? How does Toshiba expect me to manage boot devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.