how do i connect a phillips blu ray player htb3524 to a cable box

connienkim

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015
I have a Phillips blu ray dvd player home theatre system model htb3524 that im trying to hook up through my satellite/cable box. I get sound through the tv but no picture regardless of what input or channel i put it on. So basically how do i hook it up. Ive used coaxle cables and hdmi cables and i cant figure it out.

Solution
You connect the cable box to your TV (probably with HDMI). You also connect the HTiB to the TV with HDMI. If your TV has an HDMI ARC (audio return channel) input use that one. Turn on ARC on the TV and the HTiB.
If your TV does not have ARC then you have to make an additional connection from the HTiB to the TV with an optical audio or analog audio RCA cable to get the sound from the TV to the HTiB.
If you TV has no audio outputs then you connect either of these same cables directly from the cable box to the HTiB, Check the cable box menu to see if you need to make a change in the audio menu. Turn the volume of the TV down when you want to not hear the TV internal speakers.
You connect the cable box to your TV (probably with HDMI). You also connect the HTiB to the TV with HDMI. If your TV has an HDMI ARC (audio return channel) input use that one. Turn on ARC on the TV and the HTiB.
If your TV does not have ARC then you have to make an additional connection from the HTiB to the TV with an optical audio or analog audio RCA cable to get the sound from the TV to the HTiB.
If you TV has no audio outputs then you connect either of these same cables directly from the cable box to the HTiB, Check the cable box menu to see if you need to make a change in the audio menu. Turn the volume of the TV down when you want to not hear the TV internal speakers.

Solution