how do i disable the double tap zoom feature on my android tablet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
I'm using elipsis 7 and literally just figured it out. I type so fast that it thinks I triple tap sometimes.

Settings--systems-tap on accessibility--system-tap on magnification gestures. Turn it off.
Good luck!

Mathman1

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015

Thanks for your answer. This triple tap zoom (4 for me) with a blue border just appeared several weeks ago and it has been driving me crazy. Following your instructions, you can get actual instructions on how to use all the zoom features built into a Android Op. System. You can also turn it off if you choose. The browsers have their own zoom features which you can turn on and off within their settings as needed.

PHIL40

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1: If you have Android 4.1.1, you will not find "Magnification Gestures". Just update to 4.2.2 (636.5 MB, around 1 hour download over wi-fi) and you will be able to see it. To update, go to the desktop (or click the home icon) then Settings > About device > Software Update.

kevin_87

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
How to Disable / Turn off / the double tap zoom feature on android smart phone ?

Settings > Personalisation > accessibility > vision > Magnification Gestures Off

That is for my Samsung A5

MThorne99

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016

The option reads "modifications"... Settings>Accessability>Magnification gestures>Off

Nagz79

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016

Go to Settings--Accessibility --Vision (Categories)-- & turn on/off Magnification gestures ... or else you can simply triple tap to shrink the screen again to normal.

Valpiekitty

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I have a Samsung galaxy s5 and just figured out how to turn it off on my phone. Hate, hate, hate the double click feature. I went to: Account settings, Accessibility, VISION then turn off Magnification gestures.

Mohamed_68

Commendable
May 2, 2016
1. Open Settings application
2. Under System settings, go to Accessibility menu. (On some devices you may change tab, or you may find it under Personal settings)
3. Tap Magnification Gestures.
4. Make sure to turn it off, otherwise you can Pan or Adjust zoom level by tapping the screen, as described in the menu

xhappy

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

This works for me.. Accessibiity / Magnification-disable it or turn off...

Thank you very much i'm looking for this solution for years..

Inaz Rachel

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Sam your my hero. It did it

jdomingoiii

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
For newer phones or with Android version 6.0 that does not have the "Magnification Gestures.",
This works for me:
Settings >>> accessibility>> under Type>> Vision>> Touch Zoom - Zoom in out or out by triple-tapping the screen. Just slide the button on the upper right screen On or Off and you are good to go :bounce:

jelee77

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

Thanks so much. I was about to reset my phone!!

Rosie_4

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

It is annoying because whenever I try to text fast the darn thing zooms in, and I make mistakes when that happens, ultimately defeating my whole purpose of trying to be quick. I wish this feature was not bulit-in. MEGA FAIL, Android phone builders!!!

kalstein71

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

I use my phone for work. I make calls literally all day long. It's hard to not double tap when you have phone numbers like 555-2200, etc.

kalstein71

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

I've got an Galaxy S5 but it's the same interface. This worked for me. Thank you. It driving me crazy.