How do I download an iso file to an sd card on a galaxy s5?

MarkVenture

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Download managers and browsers seem to have trouble with the size and file type of iso files. I have tried several browsers and download managers. The closest I came was when the download manager was completing the download, but i believe it could not recognize the iso file type and failed.

I am trying to create a bootable windows 10 usb. My laptop crashed (constantly refreshing desktop) and my bootable usb is corrupt and overwritten (It's been a bad week for me with electronics).

You would not be able to use your phone as a bootable USB. Not unless you rooted the device, which is not the best of ideas. Especially if the phone is still under warranty, as it can void the warranty.

Have you tried reformatting thumb drive you have? Once done then you should be able to download the ISO file to it. Also, a browser should be able to download a file no matter the size. Now if the place you are downloading to, or the computer you are downloading on, has issues, that could cause you to have trouble downloading it. Also, if there is any limitations on your downloads (via your ISP) that would cause you issues as well.

MarkVenture

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

MarkVenture

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MarkVenture : "Best way to get around the 4gb file size limit"

I am trying to download the windows 10 iso file using my phone to transfer the file to a usb drive, but the windows 10 iso file was slightly over 4gb and would fail at the end of the download.

I believe I can make my usb drive bootable using Rufus in safe mode on my damaged windows 10 latop (endless desktop refresh)

Perhaps there is an English, 64 bit window 10 iso that is available compressed under 4gb.

MarkV