Question How do I fix a network issue where laptop will connect to wifi extender but won't connect to internet on main wifi router?

Oct 7, 2020
Im helping a friend who has an acer power one laptop. He was unable to connect to internet on his wifi but LAN worked fine. He has an extender and could access internet when connected to that but not to main wifi. I took it to my home in which I have an extender also. The same occurred in my home. Ive tried all steps to reset adapter, Including releasing renewing IP, uninstalling adpater, updating driver, etc. But it seems strange it will work on extender which is working off of main wifi router but not on main router. Does anyone have suggestions or why this is occuring?

Oct 7, 2020
Ive had problems getting my laptop to receive internet on my wifi. It connects with no problems through ethernet and strangely also to my extender. It connects to main wifi adapter router but gets not internet. Ive tried release, renew ip, uninstalling adapter, removing wireless logins, resetting router. It continues to error with little or no internet connection. But when I log into the extender wifi, it connects quickly to internet. Along with LAN ethernet working perfectly. All I can think is that there is something in my settings causing a DNS problem. It won't recieve an IP address for some reason. But I can't figure out why it will through the extender. If anyone has any ideas I would so appreciate it! Ive been working on it for a couple of weeks and Im desperate! :)