Solved! How do I fix my Acer Nitro 5 Black screen problem?

May 20, 2019
A few days ago I've been having a problem with my Acer Nitro 5 where when I turn it on it will show the Acer logo and say "Preparing automatic Repair" and then going to a black screen. The problem with the screen is that it isn't completely black but slightly lit. My keyboard still lights up and I can hear that the computer sounds like it is running, but the screen doesn't change. A day before this happened, my computer was running really slow and would take a while just to open up any program and use it. I figured that it was because the graphics drivers weren't updated, so I updated it, restarted and now it won't even turn on. Now I can't even get passed the Acer startup screen. I've tried booting it into safe mode but it doesn't get anywhere besides the black screen. Please help me, and thanks.

Solution
Could be a failed drive, can you get into the BIOS settings and navigate though there with the screen working? That repair message can happen due to several things, one of them a failing drive.