how do I fix my touch screen

TerrenaV

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
A week or two ago I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and cracked the screen. It was still working fine until this morning. Last night I plugged it in to charge and when I took it off this morning the touch screen isn't working. The tablet is still operating (turning on/off, receiving emails/notifications, etc). I have restarted it a few times and plugged it into the computer for awhile, too, but nothing is working. I am hoping there is something else I can do before trying to completely reset it as I don't want to lose my documents.

Solution
You shouldn't need to reset. If your screen is damaged, you can simply get it replaced at most electronics repair stores. It'll cost you a pretty penny, but you won't lose anything. If the thought of spending the money is not appealing, keep in mind that restoring your device to factory settings won't change a thing if your screen is damaged and unresponsive.
You shouldn't need to reset. If your screen is damaged, you can simply get it replaced at most electronics repair stores. It'll cost you a pretty penny, but you won't lose anything. If the thought of spending the money is not appealing, keep in mind that restoring your device to factory settings won't change a thing if your screen is damaged and unresponsive.

Solution
It may have just been on its last legs. In either case, I'd suggest taking it in to at least have it looked out. Many places offer free diagnostics. Best case scenario, they'll tell you that I was wrong and you'll be able to save a few bucks with a simpler fix haha.

TerrenaV

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
Thanks. I'll try that.