How do I fix overheating for my laptop

degalarman

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Hello! :)

I've had this laptop for nearly 3 years and I've been dealing with overheating the whole time. It only shuts down when the weather gets hot. I've tried to open it up, but it's too difficult to take apart. I've tried MSI Afterburner and TThrottle, but they don't seem to work, if I have a demanding game open. I also have yet to use an air duster.

Is there any way I can fix this without opening it up or having a repair shop fix it?

Solution
Most fans on laptops draw in air, and vent out somewhere.
What you want to do is get some compressed air, and reverse flush that... blow air thru the exhaust vents, and back out the intake fans (forcing it the normal way just clogs more crap out). Once you're done that, blow out every vent and orifice you can get at, and when you're done that, do the exhausts one more time.
Also make sure you get as much clearance as you can under the laptop when you play.
Never lay it on something soft like a bed or a cushion..always on a hard tabletop where the feet can always give the minimum clearance it hopes for, or even look at a cooling platform for laptops that have fans that match close to your intake fans, and increase the airflow underneath.

dudio

Admirable
Most fans on laptops draw in air, and vent out somewhere.
What you want to do is get some compressed air, and reverse flush that... blow air thru the exhaust vents, and back out the intake fans (forcing it the normal way just clogs more crap out). Once you're done that, blow out every vent and orifice you can get at, and when you're done that, do the exhausts one more time.
Also make sure you get as much clearance as you can under the laptop when you play.
Never lay it on something soft like a bed or a cushion..always on a hard tabletop where the feet can always give the minimum clearance it hopes for, or even look at a cooling platform for laptops that have fans that match close to your intake fans, and increase the airflow underneath.

Solution