How do I get my stepsons computer working again

Kigoyushi

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Ok so, this is a unique problem. Me and my wife needed to borrow her sons computer for the week. When we got it it we so clogged up with junk my wife told me to clean it out. So I did. My stepson had already cracked the screen so I had it hooked up to the tv. Come to fin out it had all these optamizer programs and cleaners programs. So I cleared them out all the games out then I came across this one file called consumer something. I though I had already deleted it twice. Figured it was my imagination so tried to deleted it again and said I didn't have access and needed administrator access. Which I am admin. Though this was kinda weird. Suddenly got a prompt on the screen for a product cd key. I'm like ok the on the under side of the laptop. Np! Right. Wrong. So I told my wife to write it down while I give the kids a shower. I got out and asker her if it's done and she's like I don't know what you did but it won't give me enough time to type it it and she showed me a blue screen saying to pretty much call tech support. The worse part is because of the fact that in using Windows 7 and a cracked screen the tv screen is not showing bios or any loading screens until the log in screen loads on the Windows screen. So I can't get to safe mode or don't know how. Need help. Does anyone know what the heck is going on. John.[don't post your email on a public forum]

Shaun o

Distinguished
Well if you can get to the login screen, and then to windows desktop.

All you have to do is go to windows backup and restore of windows 7.

Simply look at the restore points made.
Each backup, restore point will have a time and date on it when the backup was made.

It does this each and every time a change is made to the windows os.

Like for example when a new program is installed.

All you have to do is remember the day you borrowed the laptop. and choose a restore point made either that day, or date.
Or one just before it, then restore the laptop, or windows 7 back to the state it was.
All the junk you downloaded or added will be gone once the older restore point is written.

Windows system restore points were created, just for the situation you created as a simple one step fix. It`s there for people when a system may be infected by what they may of installed or downloaded.

Partly due to the fact there not sure what they are doing.

Kigoyushi.

Kigoyushi

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Ok so 4 hours later. I think I found the battery. Didn't have the tools to take stuff apart so I YouTube it and it said the cosmos battery was connected to a connected to a wiered connection. So I found the connection that I over looked like 5 times lol. And dis connected it like you said. I no longer get a blue screen of death so that's some improvement however, I can't input the the product key code. The mouse icon is just continuosiously loading. It give me the option to click cmd, task Mngt and explorer(which does squat). On the top it give me the option it gives me the option to click team viewer, supreme, logmein, Amy. I donno what these are. I'm at a stand still. I don't know what to do at this point.

Kigoyushi

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Not being a smartalic. That would be a great idea if I could get to that point. Already thought of that. Even tried to reset to factory default, except when I did that my external monitor went black as night and I was flying blind. So that did no good.