Question How do i get sound on my lfe from 2.0 and 5.0 sources?

Jul 23, 2022
Apparently everything with sound that i enjoy on my computer is either 2.0 or 5.0 sound. Wich is fine as long as i set everything (including my soundsytem) to Stereo. Then the Subwoofer will do its job as expected. But when i try to play games or movies on 5.1, i can forget the depths in the sound. Only mids and highs are there, because my subwoofer waits for a lfe signal that never will come. how can i change that?

i use:
windows 10 pc

usb soundcard capable of 5.1 and 7.1 surround

5.1 soundsystem (cinch only) with 2 kinds of input: stereo and surround
it has two modes of operation (atleast when the 5.1 source is selected) 2.1 and 5.1
on 2.1 the subwoofer gets a signal. maybe its just the sound itself through a "gate"(?)
on 5.1 its capable of recievwing and using the subwoofer as well. i used testvideos in 5.1 for that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Audio 4
T Audio 3
K Audio 2
G Audio 4
K Audio 1
T Audio 2
H Audio 2
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
V Audio 1
S Audio 1
M Audio 4
B Audio 2
G Audio 2
J Audio 1
L Audio 2
K Audio 1
L Audio 2
IrishLaad Audio 1
B Audio 4
Similar threads
Solved! Onkyo TX NR525 HDMI Video with analog sound from other source.I would like to listen to a analog source(Turntable) while using HDMI from my PC.
My TVs HDMI source is Xfinity ,, I feed it to my sr373 Onkyo receiver,,,TV looks and sound great through the 373. At times,, I
No sound to soundbar with Roku, but Xbox and other sources work just fine.
2 set of speakers, 2 different audio sources, can i make them each set sound each different source?
How to send 2 sound sources to 2 sets of headphones
Two audio sources in, one audio source out.
controlling two different sound sources at same time
Control for surround system that is based on a single receiver with independent zone 2 HDMI output for digital A/V sources
Onkyo TX-SR703 has no sound after switching source.
How to connect multiple ear buds to one sound source?
HELP ME With The Buzzing Sound In My Microphone(PC).!!!
Will my Onkyo TX-NR757 be able to power a 5.1 or 5.2 Klipsch R28 surround sound speaker system?
cambridge sound works for computer with four speakers.
ATH-M50x sounds majorly different with different sources, DAC/AMP necessary?
Lg home theater system was sound through tv now theres no sound coming from tv source
Buzzing sound coming from speakers with multiple sources
Is there a mixer that can make sound from two different sources go to one pair of headphones?
Converting 2.0 (stereo) Audio sources to 5.1 for my surround sound system.
2 Sound Systems 1 Sound Source
Can I connect my smart tv to my home theater so i get surround sound from every source?

ASK THE COMMUNITY