How do I hook up a Ruku tv to a Sony sterio?I hooked up red and hello cords up to my Sony and the speakers up but couldn't get

Feb 16, 2018
I hooked up with the red and hello cords yo the back of my Sony sterio and speakers got sound threw my tv but not my sterio what am I doing wrong?

Solution
Without the model of the TV or stereo I will guess that your TV doesn't have analog L/R audio outputs. It might have inputs that look the same.
Most TVs have an digital optical audio output. If your stereo only has analog RCA inputs you will need an active optical to analog converter.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the TV to use that output. You may need to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo in the TV menu.
Without the model of the TV or stereo I will guess that your TV doesn't have analog L/R audio outputs. It might have inputs that look the same.
Most TVs have an digital optical audio output. If your stereo only has analog RCA inputs you will need an active optical to analog converter.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the TV to use that output. You may need to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output to PCM stereo in the TV menu.

Solution