how do i hook up an Onkyo a-9150 to a Denon Avrx 4300h?

Jun 3, 2018
integrated amp to the receiver. I want to use the onkyo dac for the speakers coming out of it. I f i use analog to analog, onkyo dacs features will be not performing. but i want to integrate both in the same system.

Solution
The only output of a DAC is analog so that's the only way you can connect it to the receiver.
Connect the line output of the Onkyo to any analog input on the Yamaha. If you use the preamp outs you will get sound but the volume control of the Onkyo will affect the level to the Yamaha and the signal will go through more circuitry in the Onkyo than is needed.
You will also want to select a mode on the Denon that bypasses all the surround sound and digital processing otherwise the analog output of the Onkyo will just be reconverted to digital and then back to analog again. That would defeat your purpose in using the DAC in the Onkyo. Don't know what they call this mode in the Denon but it most likely has such a mode.
Jun 3, 2018

NOOOOO, i want to use the features of Onkyios DAC.

The only output of a DAC is analog so that's the only way you can connect it to the receiver.
Connect the line output of the Onkyo to any analog input on the Yamaha. If you use the preamp outs you will get sound but the volume control of the Onkyo will affect the level to the Yamaha and the signal will go through more circuitry in the Onkyo than is needed.
You will also want to select a mode on the Denon that bypasses all the surround sound and digital processing otherwise the analog output of the Onkyo will just be reconverted to digital and then back to analog again. That would defeat your purpose in using the DAC in the Onkyo. Don't know what they call this mode in the Denon but it most likely has such a mode.

Solution