How do I live stream with canon camcorder?

bingaling

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I have a Canon Vixia HF R400 camcorder that I use to film videos for youtube. I would like to use this to do live youtube streaming. What do I need to stream with my laptop and this camera?

Solution
You may need to use the HDMI cable and a video capture device. You might be able to use the optional STV-250N Stero Video Cable and connect it to a video capture device but I don't think the quality will be near as good as using the HDMI cable. However using the optional cable and a compatible capture device would be less expensive than the HDMI option.

Analog capture devices (not an all inclusive list):
Elgato Systems USB Analog Video Capture Device
Diamond VC500 One Touch USB Video & Audio Capture for Windows
Hauppauge USB-Live2 Analog Video Digitizer
Tera Grand EasyCAP Composite / S-Video and Audio USB Capture Device

HD Video capture devices (not a comprehensive list):
Hauppauge Colossus Video Recorder
Blackmagic Design...
You may need to use the HDMI cable and a video capture device. You might be able to use the optional STV-250N Stero Video Cable and connect it to a video capture device but I don't think the quality will be near as good as using the HDMI cable. However using the optional cable and a compatible capture device would be less expensive than the HDMI option.

Analog capture devices (not an all inclusive list):
Elgato Systems USB Analog Video Capture Device
Diamond VC500 One Touch USB Video & Audio Capture for Windows
Hauppauge USB-Live2 Analog Video Digitizer
Tera Grand EasyCAP Composite / S-Video and Audio USB Capture Device

HD Video capture devices (not a comprehensive list):
Hauppauge Colossus Video Recorder
Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder Capture Device (uses Thunderbolt cable to connect to computer)
Blackmagic Intensity Extreme

Solution