How do I make my Razer Kraken Pro mic work on windows 10?

RideOnMe

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
I got a Razer Kraken pro neon headset for christmas and since then I've been having issues with the microphone.

First of all, my laptop only has 1 jack, the headset only has 1 jack as well, it seems like a perfect fit right? Nope, if I connect the headset directly to the laptop, the mic isn't recognized.

The headset came with a 1 into 2 headphone jack adapter and I already had a 2 into 1 headphone jack adapter, so I tried to use both adapters and the mic finally got recognized, but the laptop would still use the inbuilt mic even with me changing the definitions. One day I thought about disabling the inbuilt mic, and it finally worked. That was like 2 weeks ago, and I didn't need the mic since then.

Today I was going on a skype call with a few friends and the mic being used was the inbuilt mic again. So I tried to disable it and this time not even disabling worked.

What do I do? I'm pretty mad that my parents wasted 80€ on this headset and I can only use half of it. I'm not sure if this is windows 10's issue or the headset's issue.

Solution
It could be the jack. It may need replacing, or the adapter you are using could be it as well.

You may want to try getting yourself a USB adapter for it. Which should give you less problems. Then the headset/mic will go through the USB port. They are pretty cheap.

If that, in the end, doesn't work either, then you may well have a bad headset.
It could be the jack. It may need replacing, or the adapter you are using could be it as well.

You may want to try getting yourself a USB adapter for it. Which should give you less problems. Then the headset/mic will go through the USB port. They are pretty cheap.

If that, in the end, doesn't work either, then you may well have a bad headset.

Solution

RideOnMe

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015

Uhm, did not think about this. I'm going to try and get the adapter. Hopefuly it works.