How do i make quadrophonic sound system using different set of speakers

Feb 25, 2018
I have an old microlab m100 speaker and my motherboard is gigabyte g41m combo.I'm thinking about buying another new set of 2.1ch speakers.it is possible to make 2.1+2.1= 4.1 surround sound if so then how would i make it. I'm new into sound systems btw.

Solution
yes that should work just fine, since you already have the L/R connected to the M100s you're output should already be setup for Stereo (L/R only). Once you plug in the rear speakers to the black jack (reference here) setup in realtek for "rear channel" or "rear speakers" then set the speaker configuration to "quadraphonic" and you can optionally check "speaker fill" for simulated surround from stereo L/R sources or games that don't support surround modes.
yes that should work just fine, since you already have the L/R connected to the M100s you're output should already be setup for Stereo (L/R only). Once you plug in the rear speakers to the black jack (reference here) setup in realtek for "rear channel" or "rear speakers" then set the speaker configuration to "quadraphonic" and you can optionally check "speaker fill" for simulated surround from stereo L/R sources or games that don't support surround modes.

Solution
Feb 25, 2018

But i don't have realtek (i think ) all i have is a high definition audio driver.and when i go to speaker setup screen it shows me to put L/R in rear green jack and SR/SL in rear blue jack.i thought side left nd right was for 7.1ch .what do i do?

Most on-board use realtek, yes mine also says HD audio manager too. No problem if you don't have the full 7.1 outputs you can configure the blue jack for the surrounds no problem in the HD audio manager.

You can also use the front panel connectors and reconfigure them to use in conjunction with the rear panel, so you should be able to connect all the plugs up to the Z506 without any problem.