How do I prevent "power saver' mode on my laptop?

Coltor

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Pretty simple, I like playing games on my old workstation laptop, it can handle Skyrim (High settings) at 25-40 fps when plugged in. However, unplugged from the charger, my fps drops to 3-8 fps, even in Fallout 3 (minimum settings) 10-16 fps.

How do I stop power saver mode / keep my fps from dropping? Just selecting the other power options doesn't help.

The biggest point of the laptop is that I can game on the go... I don't care about the really short battery life this would entail.

Solution
What operating system are you running? If Windows 8, go to Control Panel --> Power Options --> Change Plan Settings --> Change Advanced Power Settings. That window should give you all the parameters you need to stop it from lowering power while running on battery. The settings for Windows 7 are probably in the same place.

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
What operating system are you running? If Windows 8, go to Control Panel --> Power Options --> Change Plan Settings --> Change Advanced Power Settings. That window should give you all the parameters you need to stop it from lowering power while running on battery. The settings for Windows 7 are probably in the same place.

Solution

Coltor

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Thanks, I have windows 7. I think this works, I'll have to test it later.