How do I remove this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCN00B123

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
I was stupid enough to download something that wasn't legit.
It planted alot of scams on my PC but I've managed to remove them all except one.
I can see it's running when I open task manager, and it's named "Search".
When I right click it and open it's file location if sends me to my system 32 file. And whenever I try to delete the file it will come up saying "You need permission from TrustedInstaller to delete this file". It's like it's managed to hide it's self or something :lol:
Anyone got any idea's on how to delete it?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Download and install Malwarebytes. Shut your system down and restart in Safe Mode with Networking. Then, run Malwarebytes (allow it to update) and remove all it finds.

Good luck. BTW, a fresh, clean install may be in your future. Just something to keep in mind.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Download and install Malwarebytes. Shut your system down and restart in Safe Mode with Networking. Then, run Malwarebytes (allow it to update) and remove all it finds.

Good luck. BTW, a fresh, clean install may be in your future. Just something to keep in mind.

Solution

PCN00B123

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014

Would it be bad to just leave it on my PC and not do anything?

it could infest some of your other device that plug to your network and expand itself on the web in your friend system so that would not be acting fair on them since you got something and infest them also your isp could block you from accessing the net if you infect ther server .

PCN00B123

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014

It says it's something to do with cortana? Is this false?

Status
Not open for further replies.